About No.1 William St, Port Fairy

No1 William St was built in 1956 at a time when Port Fairy was called Belfast and was the largest port in Victoria after Melbourne. The cottage was built by stonemason Benjamin Bowyer with the help of his wife Mary Anne, who collected stone from the common in a crude wheelbarrow.    Read more……

The Cottage Gallery – No.1 William St, Port Fairy

November, 1986. We were on a camping holiday with our two small children, and planned only to stop in Port Fairy overnight on our way further west. It was hot and the children were begging for a swim. We had no idea how the charm of this little town would work its magic on us.     Read more……